I'm about 12 weeks into being a new Momma and I feel like I am starting to get a handle on time management and new routines (read: all this will change next week when I go back to work.) Immediately after having Eleanor all I wanted to do was get into the shower and get some make-up on! I haven't really spent a day of my teen/adult life without make-up on. It is part of my daily routine and not something I was going to sacrifice in becoming a Mom. That said, I knew I would need to streamline my make-up process while still being able to change up looks as needed. I am equal opportunity when it comes to make-up brands. Some brands just do it better so instead of being loyal to one brand I buy and use what works best. This is my daily make-up routine.
1. willa face wipes | lavender (birchbox.com) - Even though I wash my face in the shower (philosophy purity made simple) I sometimes still need to remove eyeliner/mascara. These face wipes smell great and are gentle on my face.
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles | Brightener - I use this under my eyes to cover up the dark circles from too little sleep. This is THE BEST under eye concealer I have ever used. Get brightener. A little goes along way.
3. ELF Eye Primer - This is a cream based eye primer in a lipstick tube. I get mine from Target for 3.00!
3. Philosophy the Supernatural - This is a very light tinted primer with SPF 15 that I use as a foundation. I don't like to wear heavy foundation and I find this gives me a healthy glow, absorbs into my skin after a few minutes and has a smooth finish.
4. Benefit You Rebel - This is called a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, but I also use this as a foundation replacement. It is light enough to use in the summer months and gives good coverage. *I am still in the early stages of testing this product so I am not ready to leave Philosophy yet!
5. Benefit Hoola - I use this all year long. It is the perfect amount of color on the cheeks! It gives you a sunkissed glow without making you look like you spent the summer at the Jersey Shore ;) * This product last a long-long time.
6. Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadow/liner - This has been the major change to my morning routine. I usually spend quite a bit of time on my eyes, but I don't currently have that time. These little pots of color go on bold or subtle and give me color all day. * I use stiletto and birthday suit.
7. MAC eye pencil | coffee - I can't give up my MAC. They create the best eyeliner- smooth, long-lasting and BOLD.
8. Maybelline Falsies | Black - Honestly does make you look like you are wearing false lashes. Also, it doesn't give you raccoon eyes at the end of a long day. Happiness!
9. tarte lip surgance lip tint | amused - This was in my March Birchbox and it was perfect timing for this new Mom! This lip stain smells amazing and doesn't dry my lips. The bonus is I can apply it and kiss Eleanor without leaving lip prints all over her kissable cheeks.
Hope this helps any other new Momma's out there! What is your morning make-up routine? Do you have additional suggestions for me?
* edited to add | While reading back over this post, it looks like ALOT of make-up and not streamlined at all (ha!) but, it really only takes me around 5 minutes to apply.